Saturday, April 16, 2011

Mark Ruffal-Bro Almost Quit This Bitch


Anyone who knows me well, is aware of my strange obsession with Mark Ruffalo. Not that there's anything wrong with it, just some young people may see it as an odd choice. I just think he's awesome; great actor, Wisconsin native, stroke survivor, long-suffering struggling actor, wearer of magical coats (see above) etc. He's just a wonderful bundle of inspiration.
Anyway, in this month's Details magazine, he admits that he had recently had it with the Hollywood scene, went as far as firing his whole team and moving to New York, before regaining his love for acting with his most recent hit, the Oscar buzzed 'The Kids Are Alright' (aka that movie that looks really good, but I've been slightly too lazy to rent it yet). Anyway, here's what he said about the matter:

“I’d had it with L.A., and I really had it with the business side of acting, the machinery of it all. You’re an artist, but then all of a sudden you’re a product at the same time, and there’s this company that’s sprung up around you. I got depressed. I was losing my love for it. So I said, ‘I’m done.’ I fired everybody and moved my family out here (Callicoon, NY),” Ruffalo told Details, “I had to make a radical move. ‘The Kids Are Alright’ was my swan song. I didn’t know what I was doing next.”

Now he's signed onto a bunch of upcoming films (Including the newest of the 'Hulk' movies), and his retirement seems to be way more lucrative than most actor's careers. But you can't help but love 'em, I mean look at how he's working that coat! Miss Jay eat your heart out. 
Here's the full interview if that's what you need today.